Friday, June 20, 2008

Nostalgic for what you've got

It's a weird feeling, but one that I've had pretty much since I was shocked and overwhelmed and thrilled when I saw that second little line on the pregnancy test stick: total elation mixed with a feeling like the time was going by too fast.

The baby went from being a wish to a little line on a test I could see to someone I could talk to and feel, and then communicate with. It's a crazy, incredible concept, and I feel like my brain never quite got caught up to how fast the baby was growing and becoming its own new person.

It takes almost 10 months, which, in the beginning I figured would give me plenty of time to relish being pregnant, but now that I am only a mere 42 days from the estimated "due" date, I'll say what I've been saying since the first week I knew: I can't believe it's going by so fast!

It makes me nostalgic for being pregnant...when I still am! I don't know if that's nutty or just appreciative, but whatever it is, I'm glad the baby, and me and Brad, are enjoying the ride together.

No comments: